Spice up your Arduino project with a beautiful large touchscreen display shield with built in microSD card connection. This TFT display is big (2.8" diagonal) bright (4 white-LED backlight) and colorful (18-bit 262,000 different shades)! 240x320 pixels with individual pixel control. It has way more resolution than a black and white 128x64 display. As a bonus, this display has a resistive touchscreen attached to it already, so you can detect finger presses anywhere on the screen.
The shield is fully assembled, tested and ready to go. No wiring, no soldering! Simply plug it in and load up Adafruit library - you'll have it running in under 10 minutes! Works best with any classic Arduino (UNO/Duemilanove/Diecimila). Solder three jumpers and you can use it at full speed on a Leonardo or Mega as well.
This display shield has a controller built into it with RAM buffering, so that almost no work is done by the microcontroller. This shield needs fewer pins than our v1 shield, so you can connect more sensors, buttons and LEDs: 5 SPI pins for the display, another pin for the SPI touchscreen controller and another pin for uSD card if you want to read images off of it.
- 2.8" diagonal color touchscreen TFT
- 240x320 resolution, 18-bit (262,000) color - our library uses 16 bit color mode
- ILI9341 (datasheet) controller with built in video RAM buffer
- STMPE610 touch screen controller
- High speed SPI display with digital SPI touchscreen driver
- The display uses digital pins 13-9. Touchscreen controller requires digital pin 8. microSD pin requires digital #4. That means you can use digital pins 2, 3, 5, 6, 7 and analog 0-5. Pin 4 is available if not using the microSD
- Works with any classic Arduino '328. Solder closed three jumpers to use the ICSP header for use with Leonardo or Mega
- Onboard 3.3V @ 300mA LDO regulator, current draw depends on usage but is about 100mA for the display and touchscreen
- 4 white LED backlight. On by default but you can connect the transistor to a digital pin for backlight control
- 4-wire resistive touchscreen attached to STMPE610 controller