The HiFiBerry Amp is a high-quality, highly efficient Class-D power amplifier for the Raspberry Pi model A/B. Mount it onto the Raspberry Pi and you have a stereo audio system. You only have to connect your loudspeakers.
- Class-D amplifier with up to 25W output power
- capable of driving 4 Ohm speakers
- fully controllable from the Raspberry Pi
- 44.1kHz and 48kHz sample rates
- digital-analog conversion included, no need for external DACs or sound cards
- Fully digital sound path for optimal audio performance
- Connects directly to the Raspberry Pi, no additional cables needed
- Integrated voltage regulator for the Raspberry Pi
- Only one 12-18V external power supply needed for both AMP and the Raspberry Pi, no need for USB power supply anymore
- Comes as a pre-fabricated kit, just plug in onto your Raspberry Pi A+ or B+. The necessary spacers are already included.
This does not include the external 12-18V power supply that is needed to operate the HiFiBerry Amp and the Raspberry Pi.
It powers the Raspberry Pi, there is no need to add an external 5V power supply to the Raspberry Pi. However if you want to use power-hungry USB components you need to use a powered USB hub.
You can’t connect the power to the Micro-USB port of the Raspberry Pi. The whole system including the Raspberry Pi will be powered from the external 12-18V power supply
This Amp is not compatible with the older Raspberry Pi model A/B.