The 4A Motor Shield is based on the Freescale MC33932 dual H-Bridge Power IC , which can control inductive loads with currents up to 5.0A peak per single bridge. It lets you drive two DC motors with your Arduino/Seeeduino board, controlling the speed and direction of each one independently. You can also measure the motor current absorption of each motor, among other features.
The on board DC/DC converter suport a very wide range of input voltage, and can provide a 5V power supply for the microcontroller board with 100mA maximun current.So, you just need one power supply to drive the motors and power up the logic circuit.
- Operating Voltage: 6V ~ 28V
- DC/DC output: 5V 100mA @ "5V" pin
- Output Current(For Each Channel ): 2A (continuous operation) / 5A(peak)
- Output Duty Range: 0%~100%
- Output short-circuit protection (short to VPWR or GND)
- Over-current limiting (regulation) via internal constant-off-time PWM
- Temperature dependant current limit threshold reduction
Please visit SeedStudio wiki page for more info about this product. It will be appreciated if you can help SeedStudio improve the documents, add more demo code or tutorials. For technical support, please post your questions to SeedStudio forum.